Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 6

I wanted to write down my thoughts tonight before heading to bed since Hurricane Earl is looming on the horizon.

We actually got to "talk" tonight, be it by email, but it was still wonderful to type in some short lines, hit send, wait three minutes and have your name in my inbox. I miss talking. All the days, nights, months, years that we have just talked. I think that even when our conversation is not deep and meaningful, somehow it still is because we are not hindered by the awkward silence. Did you ever notice that we never were hindered by akward silence? We could always just "talk"

I miss you so much right now. I know I will miss you the whole time you are gone, but it fluctuates throughout out the day, just like it does the months. I know tonight is hard because I want nothing more than to know that I have your shoulder to sleep on before the storm. I don't want to wake up to loud winds, rain, leaks, floods without your shoulder. I need you. But I also miss you more tonight because of all the thought into evacuation. Like I said last night, how can I take the last three years of my life and condense it down to a few papers and necessities? How unfair that anyone would ever have to make that decision?

It just makes me long for you more, and the desire to just be out of the service. We have both done our service, we have served while others sit in the luxury of their homes...never to worry (or even know the worry) of losing a loved one to war. I admire your courage, I love your strength and determination, but I am ready for us to done.

As the night here turns into day, I too hope that the oceans will calm for me as they have for you as you continue your trip further from.

Sail safe for me, return home to me.

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment