Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 2

Today was filled with excitement, sadness, calmness, reality and so many other emotions mixed all together.

I got up early to sit at the computer and look at Facebook while enjoying a hot cup of maple coffee. It is weird sitting here drinking it since we bought it together....the hopes of making it on our morning with a scone to celebrate autumn before you left. I know we did not get that quiet moment together, but I hope you know that my mind never wondered from that thought I as sipped its warmth.

I also ventured across the river...ahh the tunnel. I am sure you don't miss it! I met Noel at Baker's crust and we just sat...for hours, eight exact, talking about everything from time to age to men and the Navy. It was a wonderful time, but my heart could do nothing but hurt for you. I know you are safe, that you love me...but the distance is excruitiating.

Then, I talked with mom. The conversation was filled with emotion and tears. All my worries, my fears spilled out to her. She may have her moments, but she reminded me that it is about one-day-at-a-time. She reminded me of patience. In these last few weeks since dad's surgery, she wakes up every morning with two thoughts...thank God he knew she was not ready to handle dad's departure and thank God that he gives her another day to love him.

That is my new goal. You are gone, you will be gone for what feels like an eternity...but when you read this next year, I want you to know that I am thankful that He gives me another day to love you.

I want to do that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment